Friday, November 25, 2005

French Malbec

2001 Clos La Coutale, Cahors ($12) -- Cahors Table Wine by V. Bernede et Fils; Imported by Kermit Lynch; mis en bouteille a la propriete. France, of course! No notes on the back label. Google search tells me it is 70% Malbec, 15% Merlot and 15% Tannat (never heard of that one).

Earthy aromas, full fruit flavors, short to medium finish with good acidity for food. I enjoyed this wine very much as an everyday drinker and as a warm-up to the 2003 Waterstone and the grilled venison flank steaks that Larz procurred/shot in Maine. Nothing is better than grilling out on a cold 30 degree night with snow and ice and the bright stars. Makes me think I am camping out, except after the bottle of wine and a great meal, I get to go to bed in a warm soft bed. I hate sleeping on the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home