Saturday, November 26, 2005

Christmas at Park City


No, this is not a picture of me skiing today but a shot at Park City where we will be going this Christmas for a few days with friends, sisters and cousins. We are hoping for massive amounts of snow between now and then. Also, I have about three weeks to deliberate on which skis and what wine to bring. Any ideas?

The skis are legal but I am not sure about the wine. Might have to be a bootlegger again. I have been told that Utah restaurants will not serve a BYOB bottle if it doesn't have the State Tax Stamp on it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect you are right about the wine. When Santa Barbara County winemaker Rick Longoria wanted to host a party for his daughter, who was graduating from college in Utah, he was required to ship his own wine through a distributor to a Utah state store which then sold it to the restaurant where the party was to be held. The result: 3X markup. You had probably just better plan to order from the winelist.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jens -
Tis true. Without a tax stamp, your restrauteur will shriek in horror and run away from the unholy bottle you've just brought into the establishment.

Utah. Whatyagonnado?

I will say this. The downtown wine store has an excellent selection of vino at goodish prices. Lucky you - I'll be around and would be happy to go a-wine-shopping with you. I'll also email you some suggested wine friendly restaurants (sadly a short list)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home