Wednesday, December 07, 2005

NEW WINE BLOG

NEW MICHIGAN DIRECT SHIPPING LAW

The Governor is expected to sign the State House Bill allowing out-of-state wineries to ship direct to Michigan residents, but still must distribute their wines through wholesalers if they want to sell to retail and restaurants. In-state wineries can sell direct. This is discriminatory and could cause the bill to be overturned as unconstitutional but someone (Costco) would have to litigate.

I see this scenario as a very good possibilty for Ohio. Consumers win, in-state wineries win, small out-of-state wineries win, wholesalers win, and retailers and restaurants are stuck with the status quo. On the other hand I am not sure I would want a big box like Costco rolling in and driving all the small wine shops out of business.

Also, go to my New Blog for Wine Blog Wednesday #16. I am adding new posts to this one until the Google spiders and Wine Blog Watch find the new one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home