Monday, January 17, 2005

Cuvaison Winery

Cuvaison, Pinot Noir Napa Valley Carneros 2000 ($26) -- California. I am in the process of reviewing all the Cuvaison wines as I recently learned that an old 10th grade classmate and college roomate was the winemaker there for 20 years. Who knew? I guess I should have gone to more of those reunions! I may not be entirely objective here, but the Pinot is great from the seductive nose to the complex flavors and long finish. This is an eleagant and beautifully crafted wine! I knew John had wine connections when we used to run up to Napa to wine taste and visit his family's vineyard, and he did know the best jug wines (as that was our budget back then), but I am impressed with his skills! Great job! I hope you haven't entirely given up your winemaking activities, because that would be a shame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home