Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Racchus Red Wine

2003 Racchus Red Wine - Alexander Valley CA ($12) -- A blend of Cabernet and Syrah (63/37) by Ty Caton. A wine rep tasted this with me a few months ago and I ordered a case and then it sat in the garage covered in dust (but cool!) during the summer months until a wine geek came by the store and asked if I had tasted the Racchus. I couldn't remember but a few weeks later I found the case and he came by again and we popped (actually unscrewed) the top.

Soft big fruits and a nice finish. Now I know why I ordered a case! 14 months in new and used French Oak. 552 cases made. I think it's time to order some more!

From the PDF file on the website:


"Deep and rich in color, this wine’s enhanced warm oak
nose leads to flavors of black currant, blackberry and
plum. The soft texture leads to an extended finish with
hints of chocolate."



I concur and all that for $12!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home