Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wine Blog Wednesday #11 - Off Dry

Marco Negri, Moscato D'Asti DOGC 2004 ($16) -- Italy, bottled by Negri SS Costigliole D'Asti. 5.5% alcohol. Some beers have more kick than this effervescent aperitif. I am a little clueless on this one, but I am making a stab at what I think is "off dry", that is not dry or sweet, but a little sweet I guess. Keep the kids and women away from this one as they will quickly finish this bottle off in a matter of minutes if left unattended.

This stuff could be habit forming! It is not overly sweet, just slightly so. I can see myself enjoying a pasta lunch on the stone escarpment in Portofino by the blue-green Mediterranean while downing several glasses of this thirst quenching, refreshing wine. Waiter, check please, my yacht is double parked at the marina. Now I just need to work on that fashion look of my blazer thrown over my shoulders! Chow Bella!

Ooops! I knew I forgot to do something before I left town on vacation! (July 13th)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mascotto wines pair fabulously with cheesecake. Not being a big fan of deserts or white wines in general (although a good chard is tasty), I've found this is typically what I require if I bake or purchase any cheesecake.

I even ran into a California made mascotto that, like with the italian originals, do a fabulous job with a nice slice (or slab) of cheesecake.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home