Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Wine Blogging Wednesday #14 - October 5th

New New World Pinot Noir

I am honored to be asked to host the next WBW for October 5th. Completely unrelated to THAT movie we all saw and with fall approaching (eventhough it is 89 and humid here) this month's theme is to find a Pinot Noir from someplace other than France or the West Coast of the United States -- New New World. Over the last few months I have seen Pinots from Chile, Spain, Australia (of course), New York, but I am sure there are some out there from places I haven't seen. This should be a great opportunity to explore an old varietal in some new locations and then compare them to the usual suspects.

So, find a wine, write it up, post it and then send me a link by e-mail to that I can write the wrap up shortly after the 5th. Between now and then I will freshen up my posting and linking skills! No need to find a food pairing unless you are already hungry. If so, include it. Go farther!

To learn more about the WBW concept and history please go to Lenn's site Lenndevous . You can read all the old wrap ups as he has organized them in the right column.

You can also read his first post on the topic on July 27, 2004.

5 Comments:

Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

That is why I said New New, although I have a Torres PN from Spain in mind and just tasted this afternoon a Pomino Rosso by Frecobaldi from the Tuscan area that is 90% PN I am told. These are from the "Old" World but are, I am guessing, new varietals from that area. The idea is to explore beyond the obvious! Looking forward to your entries.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo, nelly.

this will be tough for me, but i shall try! i didn't know there was such a thing as new new world, lol. i loearn something new everyday.

9:56 PM  
Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

New New World only exists in your mind, or not!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your eyes peeled for my entry on the Corkdork!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd personally call Australia, and New Zealand just "New World" when it comes to Pinot... there are some *extremely* good Pinot's from Yarra Valley in Victoria (Australia) and Central Otago in NZ...

In fact i have a bottle in my rack at the moment, and i may just have to drink it and write about it :)

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home