Monday, May 09, 2005

Bogle Phantom

Bogle Vineyards, Phantom 2002 ($18) - California; Petite Sirah, Old Vine Zinfandel, Old Vine Mourvedre (56%, 41%, 3%). This is a special cuvee from Bogle, a winery that produces about 650,000 cases a year, that comes out once a year and is quickly snapped up. I am not sure how many cases are produced, but I was happy to get three. For Mothers day I served this wine. Beautiful fruit aromas, with silky smooth full fruit flavors and a long finish. This is the most complex, tasty wine I can remember having for $18.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bogle Phantom is the best release from The Bogle Winery. You can not find a Wine under $20- Bucks with that kind of complexity and finish. After my first bottle 2 months ago-I've been on a hunt for THE PHANTOM. A couple cases later, needless to say I'm a happy Man.

Buenavista1980

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home