Thursday, May 05, 2005

Castle Rock Pinot Noir

Castle Rock, Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 2004 ($13) - California. The notes on the website are for the 2003 vintage, so I can't offer much as to production specifics, but I bought a few cases sight unseen and then just tasted. I got a big earthy nose on first opening (almost barnyard-like, Burgundian) then good fruit flavors and medium finish. This is very different from the typical sedate, cherry California Pinot, but this is a great Pinot for under $15. Also, good with food - today it was bacon pizza from Italianette Pizza on Plainville Road.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan M Scott said...

We had a tasting sometime last summer from the Castle Rock Winery. I tasted this one and rated it a B. I have come to enjoy and appreciate Pinot Noir more in the last couple of months, so who knows, I might like it more now.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home