Saturday, March 19, 2005

Telegramme Redux

Telegramme, Chateauneuf du Pape 2002 ($25) -- France. H Brunier & Fils, imported by Kermit Lynch. This wine has been panned by some, in particular, Wine Lovers Page. Mr. Garr thinks the wine should not have been made due to the terrible weather conditions, and has compared it to a $10 Cotes-du-Rhone. I disagree. I cannot compare to the original Vieux-Telegraphe, but I think it is better than a $10 table wine. If it's not I would love to get some names from Mr. Garr for $10 wines that taste this good. I will buy 10 cases.

I had tasted this wine last fall at a distributor function, had liked it and ordered a case. When I saw the bad reviews I opened a bottle today to see what the fuss was about. I got very smooth slightly sweet Grenache flavors with slight tannins and a good finish. It may be simple but it is elegant and I would serve and sell anyday. I wish I had bought more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home