Thursday, April 07, 2005

Mi Sueno Winery

I just tasted through five of their wines when Tom, the Director of Sales, and Renee, from Wide World of Wines, stopped by today. I don't rate wines in my reviews, but when I review wines for purchasing for the shop I score the wines for ordering. Three stars is a good wine, but I will not order the wine unless someone wants it. Three and a half stars is a buy. Four stars is a very good wine that I will promote and recommend. All five wines today were four stars, which is very unusual. Here are my quick notes:

  • 2002 Chardonnay Los Carneros ($37) -- Balanced, Clean, Burgundian. Exceptional
  • 2002 Pinot Noir Los Carneros ($40) -- 2,800 cases. Big nose, which I like, but also elegant flavors. This would have done very well at the last Erie Avenue Blind Tasting.
  • 2001 Syrah Los Carneros ($42) -- 100% Syrah. Big flavors with tannins and will age.
  • 2002 "El Llano" Napa Valley ($37) -- 68% Cab, 32% Syrah. This was probably the pick of the litter with great flavors, great balance and a good price.
  • 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley ($62) -- Classic California Cab that is drinking great right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home